If you have been affected by the resent flooding, available resources on the effects of flooding on crops and produce are linked on the 2018 UWEX Flooding Resources page. Links on this website either link to other websites or pdfs for download.
The following are resources by University of Wisconsin Extension Specialists related to the current flood situation available on the Ag Emergency Extension Disaster Education Network.
• Flooding Effects on Corn – Corn Agronomy website
• Recovering Flooded Forages – UW-Extension Team Forage website and pdf
• Assessing Flood Damage to Soybean – Cool Bean website
• Safely Using Flooded Produce – Wisconsin Horticulture website
• Food Safety for Flooded Farms – Produce Safety Alliance pdf
• Effects of Flooding on Woody Landscaping Plants – Learning Store publication to purchase or download
• Towing Safety – UW Center for Agricultural Safety and Health website
• Food Safety Resources – DATCP website
- General Disaster Management – Local Government Center
Feel free to contact Stephanie Plaster, Agriculture Educator for Washington and Ozaukee Counties at 262-335-4477 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.