4-H Special Interest (SPIN) Clubs
A 4-H SPIN club is a special interest club where five or more young people learn about a topic of interest. Topics vary and include interests, such as nature, heritage arts, science, engineering, gardening, technology, and more. SPIN clubs are led by volunteers who have a passion and want to share their knowledge with young people.
SPIN volunteers can have a positive impact on the next generation of young people in their community by sharing their experience and knowledge.
SPIN clubs are planned around the volunteer’s availability. Each club meets six or more times for at least one hour per session. The time commitment for participating could be a number of weeks or months based on the frequency of the meetings. Meeting dates are set by the volunteer leader based on the availability of potential participants.
The SPIN club model was designed by the University of Illinois Extension 4-H program and we work in affiliation with them to use their resources to widen the circle of positive youth development in 4-H.
- Select a 4-H SPIN Club that fits your interests and schedule
- Check out the options available under the “SPIN Clubs in Washington County” section.
- Enroll in 4-H Youth Development using 4HOnline
- To enroll in 4HOnline you need a computer, internet access, a valid e-mail address, and a web browser. You can enroll from a home computer or from a public access computer, such as those available at your local library.
- Enroll at wi.4honline.com by following these instructions: Enrolling in 4HOnline for New Families
- You will select your desired club during the enrollment process.
- When all components of step 5 are fulfilled, UW-Extension staff will approve your enrollment. After your enrollment is approved, you can log back in to 4HOnline to make changes to contact information and the health form.
- Bring the following to the first meeting of the SPIN Club
- Signed copy of the Washington County 4-H Youth Annual Behavior Agreement Form
- Club dues
- Dues are usually $5.00 to $15.00 per person per SPIN Club (includes all supplies and activity insurance coverage)
- Watch your email for information on SPIN Club events and activities and other opportunities going on in the 4-H program.
- Have fun!
Nature Investigators SPIN Club – Offered Summer & Fall 2016