Center for Land Use Education
The Center for Land Use Education has had an on-going series called Wisconsin Land Use Megatrends. This project is designed to help Wisconsin decision-makers – from legislators and local officials to landowners and recreationalists – make informed decisions about the future of Wisconsin. Below are the topics we have focused on; each image is a link to the publication.
Farmland Preservation Survey and Focus Groups
Please click here for the final survey results.
Please click here for the Focus Group Report.
Fact Sheets and Resources
- Living In The County (PDF, 10,055 KB)
- Bonus Lot Preservation Plan (Word, 114 KB)
- TIF Fundamentals for Towns (Word, 50 KB)
- Open Meeting Law (PDF, 181 KB)
- Extraterritorial Zoning (PDF, 56 KB)
- Extraterritorial Platting (PDF, 79 KB)
- Official Mapping (PDF, 23 KB)
- Boundary Agreements (PDF, 30 KB)
- Examples of Intergovernmental Cooperation (Word, 60 KB)
- Metropolitan Builders Association
- Ozaukee Washington Land Trust
- UWEX Local Government Center
- Washington County Planning Dept.
- UWEX Center for Land Use Education
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Washington County Historical Society
- Washington County Register of Deeds
- Wisconsin League of Municipalities
- Wisconsin Towns Association