September 26th, 2018
10:00am - 2:00pm
Determining whole plant moisture prior to harvest is one management step to help ensure high quality corn silage and better animal performance.
Sheboygan, Ozaukee, and Washington Counties Corn Silage Growers are welcome and encouraged to bring whole corn plant samples to Adell Coop and/or Country Visions Coop for moisture determination.
- Collect 3-5 stalks from a representative area within the field (cut at chopper height).
- Please include with your sample: name, address, phone number, hybrid, relative maturity and planting date. It is very helpful if you have samples already identified.
- Stalks will be chopped and analyzed for moisture.
- There is no charge for this program, but we ask that you bring a maximum of 3 samples per farm.
- Once samples are cut do not delay bringing them to the site so that moisture is not lost.
Brochure contains additional information.
Sponsored by: Adell Coop, Country Visions Coop, New Farm Technologies, Sheboygan County Forage Council, Midwest Forage Association, UW-Extension Sheboygan County
Country Visions Coop
1185 Willow Rd
Plymouth, WI 53073